My First Video: An Intro to Training Abroad
First and foremost, I apologize for posting so infrequently over the past month. I’ve been working on an article for over two weeks now but between a horrible case of writers block coupled with lots of travelling I haven’t been able to devote enough time to finishing it. Hopefully it will be out by Monday or Tuesday of next week.
As for tonight’s post, however, I’m very excited to release my first video!
As you may or may not be aware, the following 8 weeks I’ll be traveling throughout Israel, Poland, and the Czech Republic. Seeing as I’ll have extremely limited time and equipment availability, I figured that recording my training sessions would be a great way to share my ideas and thoughts regarding training on-the-go.
In this video I briefly discuss my training goals, training routine, and the training equipment which I’ll have at my disposal.
And just in case you
get tired of my endless jibber jabber don’t have time to watch the whole thing, beneath the video I’ve provided a brief summary of the major topics discussed.
Major Topics Discussed
- Maintain and/or Gain Strength
- Eat A LOT!!!!
- 2-4 times per week
- 15-45 minutes per session depending on how I feel and a variety of other factors
- Moderate to High. This is in reference to how challenging the movements will be from a strength perspective. As you’ll see over the course of the following 8 weeks there are many ways to make a bodyweight or band-resisted movement extremely challenging. By providing my body with this moderate to high intensity stimulus, maintaining strength shouldn’t be a problem at all.
- Low to Moderate. As I’ll be extraordinarily active during the days and have very little energy to devote to my training I’ll need to keep the volume relatively low. As I’m not trying to gain size or make drastic improvements in strength, a lower volume routine is likely going to be in my best interest.
- The Stick, 1 Tennis Ball, and if I have room in my bag I’ll pack the Rumble Roller as well. These tools are light, easy to pack, and will be invaluable components of my warm-ups.
- A variety of bands which, coupled with my bodyweight training, will help me achieve the strength stimulus necessary to maintain my current strength levels.
And that pretty much covers it.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channel so you can be notified of any videos that don’t get uploaded to my site. Additionally, if you want to get instant updates regarding new articles, videos, and posts be sure to sign up for my newsletter at the top right corner of my home page.
Have a great night!
Never Minimal. Never Maximal. Always Optimal.